Season two of The 5 minute Theory podcast has just launched, and in episode one we give you the top 5 resources for passing the theory test first time. You can listen here!
But what are the top 5 resource?
1. The 5 minute theory training course. With over 4o short videos that walk you though every step of the theory test and a set of practice questions after each category, you can't go wrong. By using the 5 minute theory training course, you will learn and understand the theory, rather than just memorise a bunch of questions and answers.
By doing this you'll be in a much better position to pass at your first/next attempt. Plus, because you will be actually learning the theory, it will actually help you pass your driving test too and keep you from doing something daft and loosing your driving licence once you've passed!
2. The Highway Code is both essential and boring! It's the most complete book for learning what you need to know to pass the theory test, but it's a book full of information, not fun. I'd suggest reading it in conjunction with your lessons, so when you practice traffic lights, read up on traffic lights. Of refer back to it whenever you come across something you don't know or understand.
You can find some of the latest updates on the Highway Code on the BBC website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/58028952
3. Theory test apps. Do not rely on these. The the theory test apps will only help you memorise a set of questions. Instead use the apps to practice the test once you've actually learned the information. They are great resources for practice tests, but please don't use them alone. Plus they only actually cover about 1/3 of all the potential theory test questions.
At TCDrive we offer all our student free access to Theory Test Pro.
4. Your driving instructor. Your driving instructor is your biggest resource. They should have a wealth of knowledge and you'd be daft not to use it. Why not spend the first 10 minutes of every lesson picking your driving instructors brain about the theory?
Here at TCDrive we also offer our students a free Facebook group where they can ask questions and there's also regular posts and videos about the theory test. You can sign up to the Facebook group here.
If you don't have an instructor and you're relying on private practice? Quiz your parents, family and friends.
5. The 5 Minute Theory Podcast. Yes I'm biased because it's mine, but it's a marvellous resources that provides short, bite sized chunks of theory goodness every week. But that's not all. For season 2 we now have a second weekly episode where an actual driving instructor will be offering you tips on how to pass your theory or driving test.
We also have regular bonus episodes where we offer tips around the driving test. Last season we covered the top 10 reasons people fail a driving test, as reported by the DVSA. You can find the report here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/top-10-reasons-for-failing-the-driving-test/top-10-reasons-for-failing-the-driving-test-in-great-britain
And you can find the top 10 fails podcast here: https://player.captivate.fm/collection/d5028152-f630-4742-8e3c-445dcdd08e6a
What resources do you find most usefu?